Welcome to my Food Journey

Curious Southern Cook on a journey to learn...and to create exceptional dining experiences. I love entertaining and preparing food for loved ones & friends and sharing those experiences with others. My wish is that you will be fed too. Bon Appetite!







Monday, August 27, 2012

Pear Salsa

                                                                              
A few days ago, I was the recipient of a generous offering
of pears from my parents... who had decided that they didn't
have time to put them up this year. 
 
Having more pears than what I know what to do with
is a fun problem to have.  
 
First we started by eating them fresh with cheese & crackers
and a nice bottle of wine.
 
 Then I made something that will be shared with you possibly in
a couple of weeks... if it turns out ok.  I didn't want to post
until sure it was worthy, but if my foodie muse is right 
it'll be a winner!
 
Last year I posted a recipe called "Who Dat Salsa" made
with pineapple, mango and black beans (black and gold)
as a tribute to our beloved Saints.  We love salsa...so again,
given the abundance of pears, I'm thinking why not salsa? 
I made it and intended to serve a portion with chips
and then the rest later on top of the pork chops
that were in the oven...but alas the salsa 
didn't make it on the chops.
   
One thing about being in the South and having access to plentiful
fresh fruit and veggies, you learn many ways to prepare them
to be enjoyed for now and for later. 
 
This one is definitely for now, more later. 
 
 
(Pear Salsa) 
 
 
Ingredients
 
Juice of half a lime
2 pears, halved, cored and chopped to a medium dice (skin left on)
1 red bell pepper, chopped to a medium dice
1/2 yellow onion, chopped to a medium dice
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped to fine dice
5 basil leaves, chopped fine
Salt to taste
 
Method
 
Place the pears and lime juice in a medium bowl and stir
Add the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and basil and stir
Add salt to taste
Serve with the chips of your choice
 
 
Enjoy!
 
~

No comments:

Post a Comment