Welcome to my Food Journey

Curious Southern Cook on a journey to learn...and to create exceptional dining experiences. I love entertaining and preparing food for loved ones & friends and sharing those experiences with others. My wish is that you will be fed too. Bon Appetite!







Friday, September 23, 2011

OMG Granola - (Oh My Goodness)


My family loves granola.  I love it too, but not the price.  I’ve thought for a long time that I could make it as good as or even better than what we have available at the grocery store and probably for less.  Well, last night I decided to put it to the test, but sorry to say that my data is incomplete and can't make the call on whether or not it’s cheaper because… we ate it before I could measure the yield.  Between my testing, Neil testing, Sara testing, Lori Baynham testing, Neil taking to friends and all of us coming back again and again, it’s almost gone.  So while the goal of making it better has certainly been achieved, I’ll have to get back to you on the cost savings…but as Lori said,         
"When it’s this good, who cares about the cost”.

OMG Granola – (Oh My Goodness)
Preheat oven to 300 degrees
Spray 2 half sheet pans with cooking spray
Mix together the following, divide and place on sheet pans
4 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
2 cups chopped Pecans
2 cups Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
1 cup quartered dried Mediterranean Apricots*
1 cup Craisins*
½ cup Toasted Wheat Germ
½  cup Flax seed
1 cup Honey
½ cup Brown Sugar
Place in preheated oven and stir every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
If there is any left, store in an airtight container.  Enjoy!

*For less dry fruit, add and stir in halfway through cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment