Welcome to my Food Journey

Curious Southern Cook on a journey to learn...and to create exceptional dining experiences. I love entertaining and preparing food for loved ones & friends and sharing those experiences with others. My wish is that you will be fed too. Bon Appetite!







Monday, October 10, 2011

All Things Zombie

This past Saturday makes year number four for daughter Sara to participate in the local Zombie Walk, benefiting the Northwest Louisiana Food Bank. 
This year she was a Survivor…
 

...last year, and the 2 years before, a Zombie.

I have to admit, I’ve never been one to stay in the room when the channel was “accidentally”, or maybe on purpose, switched to the featured Zombie movie.   Not sure why I’m that way.  As a tribute to the walk and in an attempt to face my fear...I have embraced my inner Zombie and created a recipe for (scary, spooky, halloweeny) themed gatherings: Zombie Fingers. 


The Shreveport Times printed an article on the Zombie Walk event, complete with pictures.  You’ll find the participants to be very creative…enjoy. Written by Michael Doughty -   http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011110090316 

Zombie Fingers
12 bacon slices
6 thin baked crunchy breadsticks, halved
1 can breadstick dough (12 count)
12 almond slices
Strawberry jam (for dipping)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Par cook bacon until half done in microwave (I cooked in 2 batches on a paper towel lined bacon pan, 6 slices per round at 3 minutes, full power).  Bacon will be pliable.
Roll the bacon slices around the crunchy breadsticks.
Separate the breadstick dough, flatten, place bacon wrapped crunchy breadstick on dough, wraparound, and add an almond to one end (finger tip).
Bake 10 to 13 minutes; watch carefully not to get too brown.
Serve with strawberry jam.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment