Welcome to my Food Journey

Curious Southern Cook on a journey to learn...and to create exceptional dining experiences. I love entertaining and preparing food for loved ones & friends and sharing those experiences with others. My wish is that you will be fed too. Bon Appetite!







Thursday, March 14, 2013

Irish Cream




Who knew you could make Irish Cream?  It's a cream liqueur that we all have added to our coffee or sipped in front of a crackling fire.  I have forever been a fan and when I started running across recipes that seemed relatively simple...
it was on. 
I found several interesting ones and after getting home this evening began searching out the ingredients.  Not in one recipe...did I have every item.  You have done this and I have many times before: substituted this and that, so if you are shy of something... get creative and the result will be delicious!
Irish Cream
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/4 c strong coffee
3/4 c high proof whiskey (I used 128.5 proof, the guide recipes called for 2 cups Irish Whiskey)
1 c half and half (I used fat free)
1 c heavy cream
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 t almond extract
Pour all ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until fully combined.  Chill.  Serve and enjoy.  Keep in an enclosed container in the refrigerator.
Here I sit sipping the richest most elegant of concoctions.
Happy St. Patricks Day
~CGJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment