Friday nights and comfort food just go together... and you don't get much more comforting than mac and cheese. Tangystringycheesydeliciousness! Add a salad and you have a complete meal. One of our favorite movies is on..."Shawshank Redemption", so I better go. Y'all have a great one!
Cheesyroni with HamYield: 8 servings
1 13.25 oz. box whole grain elbow macaroni4 T unsalted butter
¼ c all-purpose flour
2 ½ c milk (I used 2%)
¾ t salt, plus 1 t extra for pasta water
¾ t garlic powder
½ t white pepper
½ t paprika
½ dried thyme
4 c grated cheese (I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella)
3 c cubed ham
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
· Prepare macaroni as directed adding salt to the recommended amount of water, drain and hold until needed.
· Heat milk in a pan or microwave and have ready to the side.
· Melt butter in another pan, add flour and stir until thoroughly combined.
· Add milk stirring with a whisk until smooth and thickened.
· Add salt, white pepper, garlic powder, paprika and thyme and stir until combined.
· Add 3 c cheese and stir until smooth.
· Add prepared macaroni and ham and stir until combined.
· Pour into a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
· Sprinkle remaining 1 c of cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
· Cut into portions, serve and enjoy!