I am feeling the need to eat healthier, still be creative and without question...enjoy the taste of what I consume as nutrtious body fuel. This smoothie will fit all criteria and if you have the problem of getting veggies into your kiddos, this may be an option for you. Make sure your ingredients are very cold to start as processing will increase the temperature. Enjoy!
Yield: 2 12 oz Servings
4 oz Silken Tofu
1.5 c Vanilla Soy Milk
2 T Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 medium Orange, peeled
2 T Honey
2 Carrots, peeled washed and cut into half inch sections
.25 c Craisins
Place ingredients in a blender or Vitamix in the order as follows:
- All of Tofu, .25 c Soy Milk, Orange, Oats, 1 T Honey.
- Process until smooth and pour into 2 12 oz glasses until each is one-third full.
- To the remaining mixture in blender/Vitamix add .5 c Soy Milk, Carrots and 1 T Honey.
- Process until smooth and pour gently on top of orange layer until each is two-thirds full.
- To the remaining mixture in blender/Vitamix add .75 c Soy Milk and Craisins.
- Process until smooth and pour gently on top of Carrot layer.